Changing the world, one project at a time!
We believe that energy-efficient homes are not a high-end specialty — they should be available to everyone. As such, Green Giant Design Build provides high-quality, energy-efficient homes at a cost comparable to standard new homes. We want to change the way all Canadians live, and demonstrate that quantifiably energy-efficient structures can — and should — be the national standard.
If you have ever had this same dream, come join us and make it a reality!
Green Giant Design+Build provides you with the opportunity to work on the cutting edge of prefabricated construction. You will innovate and develop solutions to problems that will directly impact project outcomes and client satisfaction.
See our open positions below:
Green Giant Design+Build is looking for an experienced tradesman or foreman to lead a production team in our year-round wall prefabrication facility. We are expanding production and require additional skilled and adaptable supervision to ensure production requirements are met.
The position will require the applicant to:
- Supervise wall panel production and meet production deadlines
- Reliably transfer wall layout from technical shop drawings to production framing table
- Lead workers on-site for panel and foundation installations, as well as site-framing of walls, floors, and roofs
- Calibrate and troubleshoot large woodworking machinery with a superb degree of accuracy
- Repair common carpentry tools such as pneumatic staplers, nailers, and more when needed to maintain production
The successful applicant will have:
- Extreme attention to detail – “must be able to read a tape measure with eyes closed”
- Significant framing and layout experience
- Fluent understanding of blueprints and engineering documents
- The ability to confidently lead and motivate workers in a sometimes stressful production environment
- Mechanical aptitude and a desire to know how things work
- Experience with large woodworking machinery such as automatic saws, multi-head moulders, power-feeders, and linear positioning systems
- Working knowledge of building science and an interest in learning all there is to know about building to Passive House standards
Competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits may include medical/dental and an employee subsidized housing program.
To apply, send CV to email@example.com – subject line “Lead Carpenter opening”